Friday, January 16, 2015

Week Recap

I am happy to report, I'm feeling great now that I have finished my antibiotics and my sinuses are pretty much back to normal. Earlier this week Steven asked me how I was feeling. I replied, What do you mean?" He asked, "Physically? You don't remember being sick?" I had to laugh because it was already out of my mind. Thank god for fast acting meds!

     I am still adjusting to a much more quiet house again for half the day while James is at school. I was able to get a lot of cleaning done and organize some things that were neglected over the holidays. I still remember a time when holidays were relaxing. Now it's a lot of time and money and shuffling families back and forth. (But so totally worth it.) I'm glad that time of year has come to a close, and now am looking forward to all the fun that spring and summer bring! And I don't know if it's maybe early spring fever or having a quieter home again, but I am getting the baby itch again. ;) I'll save all that talk for another time though.

When progress reports came, I received this precious calendar from James. This month's print is my favorite.

     One of the things we got done this week was finally steam cleaning the upholstery on our dining room chairs. They were bad. I have protective covers over the chairs with the kids booster seats, but things still manage to get under there. 

Here is the before and after.

     We use this   Bisell Spotbot. I love this thing. It's compact and lightweight. We even use it to steam clean our couch! Brooklynn wanted to help. See how enthused she is? hahaha


     A big change for me this week on my paleo quest was giving up coffee! Coffee itself is paleo, but not with all the white sugar and half and half I add. I shocked myself when I decided that I prefer the tea!! Sometimes coffee felt so heavy to me. But the tea I chose was light and delicious. I add a little honey, and voila, it's still a caffeinated, sweet, steamy cup of something to jolt me to life in the mornings.



    And, I stumbled across a KitchenAid teapot that matches my food processor! This matching KitchenAid thing could get dangerous.

     I went to take Brooklynn on a little walk around our neighborhood and realized the umbrella strollers were in the trunk of the car with Steven at work. But, we have the teeny back pack with a little leash attached, (yes I guess I'm that mom), and we went out for a stroll both on foot. She was perfectly behaved! She walked right at my side, I didn't even need to hold the strap. Most of the time she wanted to hold it herself anyway. She was so chatty about everything, much more so than when she's in a stroller on the same walk. She waved and said hi and bye to every car that drove past. I turned it into a little lesson about crosswalks and stop, look, and listen. Which, I can't believe I'm now teaching that to my child, when it feels like my mom was just teaching me!


     Sunday is Brooklynn's 2nd birthday! I am going to make a little cake and let her open a small present. The real birthday festivities will be on the 24th when we have her big party. I can't wait to share all the festivities!

     I hope everyone had a great week!




No comments:

Post a Comment