Saturday, January 31, 2015

Hangover Paleo Tacos and Homemade Guacamole

    This has been a rather uneventful week.  My house is still in disarray from the party, I've been pretty slow at getting everything back in it's place. And with two toddlers things get messy pretty quickly. We're on a 3-day weekend from school. (didn't they just get back from winter break?) So with both of them here all day it's a challenge to keep things picked up.  But, today is my Monday so I hope to have my energy levels back up and get back on track. By the way, I've found a really great combo of vitamin supplements for energy. I recently added B-12, and Vitamin D to my regimen. I'm kind of a supplement junkie. The combination of Iron, Vitamin D, and B-12 is awesome! I've noticed a drop in fatigue, which is something I struggle with. Also, the change of quitting smoking and dropping bread and processed foods is contributing, I'm sure.

     I spent yesterday nursing a massive hangover from one too many margaritas after we went out for a friend's birthday Thursday night. I don't want to see a margarita or tequila for about a year. :P But, at the end of the day I still managed to whip up dinner. I found a great recipe for Paleo Tacos from completerecipes.com It was super delicious. I loved the bell peppers added to the ground beef and it was so light and refreshing without the tortilla. Steven was skeptical that there were no tortillas and I was calling them tacos, but I told him I'm thinking about his health which is really just another way to say I love you. ;)



I'm using their image because as I said, I was feeling awful and was not in the mood to be snapping awesome food pics. All I cared about was getting food in my stomach. Haha. You can find the full recipe here

What I did add was my own homemade guacamole. Again, no pic, but it's pretty straight forward.  The guac really sealed the deal for me. I didn't miss tortillas or cheese at all!

Fresh Guacamole

- 3 Hass avocados, halved and peeled
- half a red onion, roughly chopped
- the juice of 2 limes
- 1/4 cup cilantro

If you are a cilantro hater, you can leave it out. 

Add all your ingredients to a food processor.
If you want a chunkier guac, pulse until you get to your desired consistency. Otherwise blend until smooth.

No comments:

Post a Comment