Sunday, March 1, 2015

Easy Go-To Recipes

Today I thought I'd do a quick post about some of my go-to's. These are things I make on a regular basis and they're quick and easy.





Italian Seasoned Breakfast Potatoes

- 2 Russet Potatoes, diced
- 1 tbsp Italian Seasoning
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tbsp Olive oil

 Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add potatoes, Italian seasoning, and garlic.  Cook stirring frequently for about 10 - 15 minutes or until the potatoes are golden brown and soft on the inside.

Insanely easy and delicious.

This next one is more of a trick than a recipe. 
I always cook my bacon in the oven. Less mess, even cooking, no flipping, better flavor. I like to spiral my bacon. It makes for a very pretty and unique presentation.


Twist the ends of your bacon strip in opposite directions and lay on your baking sheet. Bake at 400* for about 15 minutes.



Cucumber Mini Sandwiches

- 1 cucumber
- Sliced deli meat of choice
- Dijon Mustard

Peel and slice your cucumber into 1/4 in slices. On half of your cucumber slices, add a dollop of Dijon mustard. Maybe about a quarter teaspoon, followed by a little deli meat. Top with another cucumber slice.

I like to peel my cucumbers because mine always seem to have the yucky waxy film on them. I use whatever deli meat is on sale that week. In this photo I used roast beef. This is a perfect light snack, that is surprisingly satisfying. 

I hope everyone is having a great weekend, enjoy these easy go-to's!





No comments:

Post a Comment