Saturday, February 7, 2015

Our Week

    


 We had some beautiful spring like weather this week. A couple days were over 70 degrees.  Unfortunately, I wasn't able to fully bask in the sunshine because I hurt my neck. In the dumbest way possible. I woke up Tuesday morning with what felt like a kink in my neck, like it needed to be popped. So I spent the morning trying to get it to pop. I did eventually while I was sitting down. As soon as I stood up I got an intense pain and tightening in my neck and shoulder and yelped in pain. I felt like I couldn't move. My left arm went numb and tingly. I couldn't move my head without sharp pain. We hopped in the car to go see my doctor. He thought maybe it was muscle spasms so he prescribed a muscle relaxer and advised me to see a chiropractor. 

     Well, that night I had an extremely adverse reaction to the medication. I spent that night in terrible pain, tossing and turning, waiting out all of the side effects I was experiencing. Thankfully I spoke with my doctor the next morning and he switched my medication, and I started to get some relief.

     By Friday, I was better, but still in pain especially after running errands the day before. I saw a chiropractor and did some x-rays. The x-rays showed my back was out of alignment, something I already knew from previous x-rays, and I've lost the curve in my neck, which means my back muscles are supporting the weight of my head, which messes up the balance of everything! Ugh. The adjustment felt great though, I'm going back next week for another. 


Enjoying one of the beautiful days with James before I hurt myself.


James had a trip to dentist this week. I'm trying to have him evaluated for a tongue tie, but the dentist couldn't get a good enough look. James did really well. The hardest part was the x-rays. Thankfully the techs did a great job. It's a pediatric dentist so this is what they do all day long. The office was super cool. They had a lego wall, a train table, TVs on the ceilings. At the end he got a balloon and a token to get a prize out of small vending machines. He got a bouncy ball. The dentist said his teeth are perfect. Nice spaces, good bite, no cavities! Yay! Next we follow up with an oral surgeon to see if they can get a better look at his tongue. He will probably need to be sedated. :/


I started on Valentine's for James' school. Can't wait to show the final product and all the other fun stuff for this weekend!



Sorry, blurry pic. But it's still cute. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment